Me, me, me and my writings :3

I LOVE ALLAH, RASULULLAH, MY FAMILY, MY FRIENDS, ENGLISH WRITING, MILK, HONEY AND CAPITAL H

Friday, 1 November 2013

Here's a short story :)

Everything happened too fast. Way too fast. It's like as if everything happened in a blink of an eye. It feels as if everything just started yesterday. When I first held you in my hands. You were just a cute little pink sausage, wrapped gently with white. Your eyes were still shut, and with it you let out a small cry, a cry so comfortable I'd listen to you all day. But the cry slowly stopped as I put you closer to my face, a tear falling down my blushed cheek. Theoretically, you comforted me with everything you are. Your perfection was undeniable. Having you in my hands felt like having the whole world to myself. Your presence resembled infinite happiness. As you arrived to the world, you brought along sunshine. A light, so invisible yet so fully experienced by the heart. It was a moment of true happiness. Unimaginable. But slowly, my smile faded. Two familiar hands grabbed you from me. Snatched you from me, I'd refer. She had the same smile I just had on my lips. She held you gently, gentler than me, I supposed. Maybe it's because she's your mother. Suddenly, I missed that moment. The moment that passed just as you were discarded out of my hands. I lost your warmth, your light, your sunshine, your undeniable perfection. I never felt that happy before, and within seconds that happiness was stolen from me so quick. I thought of just letting it go, giving up, and just walk away. But, no. I thought again. That was my moment. I had the right to have it, and I definitely have the right to keep it, forever. No one takes away my one moment of happiness. It was mine. And so, I thought fast. I was Head of Nurses, and Right Officer of the Hospital, so I possessed the key to every single door at the hospital. I turned to the wretched woman that took you from me, and was aware that she was now sleeping, with you still awake next to her. My eyes lit up with excitement. This was my chance, I thought. I put on the black robe I 'borrowed' from the utility room. I never knew why the hospital needed the robe, but I saw it then. So, as quick as lightning, I took hold of you, wrapped you securely in my arms, and fled. I didn't care what would've happened back then. All I wanted was you. You by my side, through thick and thin, forever and always. I had the feeling that we were going to to go along well. And we did. We were inseparable. You were always there when I needed you. You never failed to make me smile after I fell. You cheered me up like no other. You wiped my tears and encouraged me when we both know how fragile I was, and how I was about to collapsed. But you saved me. You always did. And you don't have any idea how warm my heart became every time I heard these words from you, "I love you Mamma." I felt like I couldn't age. Every time you said those words, I got stuck. Stuck in time, when I realized my world revolved around you. I watched you grew up, slowly, gradually. It was beautiful. Just as beautiful as the first moment I had you in my hands. The same light, the same perfection. I never again led my attention to anything else besides you. You were my life, my everything. But right now, here you are, lying unconsciously in front of me. You seem so dead. I could hardly believe it's even you. You were always so energetic, so full of light. You shone the night sky. But now, everything seems dim. There's still some light, just, dim. I don't feel that energy anymore. I was more enthusiastic at first, the first few years. I gave you all my time in the world, nothing was more important than giving you encouragement to live. To continue living, just like you used to. This wait is painful. It pained like nothing else. Nothing hurts more than seeing my one true happiness lying unconscious, unmoved, no matter how much I've done. I missed those words you used to tell me. Those words that never failed to bring a smile upon my face. Where are you? Why are you gone? Why did you leave me? Why aren't you here? You never left me, but now you're nowhere to be found. I cared for you, I fed you. Why now? Why disappear now? Unconsciously, a tear poured down my cheeks. When I noticed, I sobbed. I sobbed so hard, so emotionally, so wrong, because I haven't done this in a long time. I was never sad. I was the happiest woman alive when I had you. But now that you're not here anymore, I couldn't hold back the tears. It welled up, and there's nothing I could do.

"Mamma, I'm here."

I froze.

No comments:

Post a Comment